Health Science is an exciting major that can lead you into a variety of career paths. It’s great to have so many options that you can explore and test to find the right fit for you. It can also be stressful to figure out where to start and how to narrow down your options.
We are here to help!
This is by no means a comprehensive list, but here are some titles to get you started with your exploration and research:
- Community Health Services
- Corporate Wellness Coach (or Coordinator, etc.)
- Fitness Trainer
- Health Educator
- Health Promoter
- Healthcare Administrator
- Healthcare Support Services
- Patient Advocate
- Patient Navigator
- Performance Coach
- Public Health Analyst (or Advisor, etc.)
- Wellness Coach
- Wellness Trainer
In addition, remember that hospitals, clinics, medical facilities, and health-related nonprofits usually need employees to work in:
- Administrative / Support Staff
- Business Operations
- Event Planning
- Health and Wellness or Nutrition
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
Sometimes the “healthcare” part of your job is reflected in the type of organization you work for, rather than the work itself!
- Mercy College offers you access to an amazing exploration tool called Focus 2! You can take assessments, read about different careers, and compare two careers side by side. Create an account with your Mav email.
- Search job titles using various search engines (use your Health and Wellness Job Search Guide for assistance) to get a sense of real job responsibilities and qualifications.
- Join the Health and Wellness career community and/or subscribe to this blog for updates on interesting career paths in Health and Wellness.
- Come in to work with a career coach on internships, volunteer experiences, and other methods of learning about different careers!