I hope you all are finishing the semester strong! You will be on winter break soon and there are a few things that I recommend you do over this time. Please find my winter break checklist below:
- Take some time to relax. The semester can be stressful and it is important to spend time with family, friends and doing activities you enjoy.
- Update your resume – remember your resume is a working document and we recommend updating it once a semester. Update information such as GPA, new internships/jobs (if applicable), and new activities (clubs, leadership positions, volunteer work, etc.). After you update your resume, remember to upload it to Career Maverick for approval.
- If you are planning on doing an internship for the summer or searching for full-time jobs, you may want to take some time to start your search. It’s never too early to start looking. Many companies have already posted internships for the summer, so check Career Maverick, LinkedIn, Indeed, Glassdoor, Internships.com, and companies websites.
- If you are unsure about what career you are pursuing, check out our Career Exploration tool Focus2. After the break, you can make an appointment with one of our Career Coaches to discuss your results.
- Practice for interviews. Use our mock interview tool Big Interview to help you become prepared for interviews.
Doing any of these tasks will ensure you are prepared for a great spring semester. We are closed December 24 through January 1 and will be reopening on January 2nd. We are happy to meet with you then! Have a Happy Holiday!