You know the feeling – the days are not as hot anymore, the sun is rising later, it’s almost time to come back to school. I am sure you want this to be your best semester – best year – yet so here are some simple tips to make it happen:
- Wake up on time and be on time. It’s so essential and so easy to achieve. You know the trains are unpredictable, you know you’ll stop and get coffee, just factor in that time and be on time. Not only will your Professors and classmates thank you, it’s a sign of respect.
- Block out time to do your work. You know school means more work, more papers, more projects. Block out an hour every day (even 30 minutes if you don’t have more) to do your work. Treat it like an appointment which you cannot miss. You will see how rewarding it feels to not fall behind week after week.
- Block out time to sleep. It has been scientifically proven; you cannot function or learn properly if you don’t get enough sleep. According to research, “Sleep is really a central part of learning […] Even though you’re not studying when you sleep, your brain is still studying. It’s almost like it’s working on your behalf. You can’t really get the full impact of the time you put into your studies unless you sleep.” For more details click here
- Check your attitude. Attitude is everything. Realize how lucky you are to be in college, able to learn and on your way to realizing your career plans. Your professors, PACT and the Career Team are there to help you – we want to see you succeed! Take advantage of your time here and ask for help when you need it.
- Be involved. Participate in as many events as you can; get to know more students and learn new things. Of course come to all our career events but also make time for club events, lectures, and all the exciting events on campus!Together, this will be our best year ever!