The good news is summer will eventually be here – and you are much better off getting a summer internship than staying home or working the same part time job you’ve had since high school… This is your time to experience new things, learn about your field and make yourself a better candidate as a result!
Here are the main reasons why a summer internship is helpful:
- You either confirm your passion for your field or figure out what you need to change (perhaps working with kids was not so fun after all? Or maybe you love it more than you expected to!)
- You have more ‘real life’ work experience and are able to contribute more in class discussions
- Your resume improves in a key section: EXPERIENCE
- You meet people with similar interests and skills who could help you later on (or even hire you!)
We want all of this for you!
To get started:
- Update your resume so it shows the best version of you! Samples here
- Upload it to Handshake for approval
- Start applying here (enter “summer” in the job search box, add city, state and “internship” to see all summer internships in your area)
As always, you can make an appointment with a Career Coach in any of the campuses for one on one assistance. Don’t be afraid to try something new this summer!