What jobs can a Health Science major apply for? As a Health Science Major, sometimes it’s hard to understand what sort of entry level jobs you qualify for. But not to worry! I am here to help you gain a better understanding of some great entry level job titles you can apply for during your senior year, so you have a job waiting for you upon graduation! A little background on my own career – I was a marketing major (at Mercy College, Go Mavs!), when someone asked me what I wanted to do when I graduated. I said “be a marketer, at a marketing agency, obviously.” Little did I know, the multitude of opportunities out there that had no correlation to the name of my major, were the ones that I was actually qualified for. Here is our first job title to breakdown: Medical Claims Examiner
- You want to work in healthcare, but not in a direct patient care role.
- You enjoy helping people, and providing excellent customer service.
- You’re a great problem solver, communicator, and are detail oriented.
- What you’ll do: Serve medical insurance customers by determining insurance coverage, examining and resolving medical claims, providing excellent customer service, and ensuring legal compliance.
- Who hires Medical Claims Examiners? For the most part, health insurance organizations hire Medical Claims Examiners.
Click here for further details on what a Medical Claims Examiner does. Most of these positions require a Bachelor’s degree. Stay tuned to this blog series for more entry level job title breakdowns to help simplify careers for Health Science majors!