The College of Career and Professional Development is ecstatic to have the Internship Grant opened for the Fall 2021 semester!! The Mercy College Internship Grant helps undergraduate students complete an unpaid internship for academic credit for a minimum total of 135 hours. These funds offer students the opportunity to explore career fields and gain professional experience and connections. Selected students will receive an amount of $1,500 disbursed throughout the Fall semester. If you are interested in gaining real-world experience and building your resume, consider applying for the internship grant. To make sure you are eligible and what is required, see the criteria below and speak with both your PACT/COP advisor or a career coach.
All eligible students are:
- U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Have completed 30 credits or will by Fall 2021 and are in Good Academic Standing
- Able to register for elective Work Experience or Internship courses only (380, 381, 399)
All Internships must:
- Be new (not a current place of employment)
- Be unpaid
- Be able to allow for 135 hours at worksite
How do you apply?:
- Complete the initial application HERE
- Submit all supplemental materials by April 23rd, including:
- A one-page essay
- A letter of recommendation
- An approved resume in Handshake
If you do not have an internship yet, do not worry! Career coaches and our employer relations team are here to help you in your search. When you are ready to get started, contact CPD@mercy.edu to be connected with a team member. The deadline for the grant is April 23rd, so do not delay!!!