Abbott House is currently seeking a full-time Case Planner for our location in the Bronx, NY.
The Family Foster Care Case Planner provides assessment, engagement, case management and other support services, which help ensure that children in foster care remain safe and achieve timely permanency.
Benefits include: Low cost medical coverage, 403B Plan, Tuition Assistance, Accrued Vacation, Personal and Sick Benefits, flexible workspace.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates, in partnership with families, plans which address safety, behavioral, educational, and psychological and permanency needs.
- Monitors safety, well-being, and permanency progress by conducting regular casework contacts and providing the necessary services to meet the needs of the children and families.
- Complete timely documentation of all reports and casework activities.
- Collaborates with internal and external service providers and other stakeholders through clear and timely verbal and written communication.
- Participates actively in Family Court Hearings, Family Team Conferences, Administrative meetings and other meetings to advance permanency for children and families.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and professional
- Willing to work as a team player and collaborate with services providers
- Ability to work with diverse populations