Abbott House is currently seeking a full-time Family Development Specialist for our Bronx, NY site.
Abbott House offers low cost medical insurance, PTO accrual, child care referral assistance, tuition assistance, retirement plan, and more
The Family Development Specialist is responsible for the Re-certification of Foster Boarding Homes. Additional, responsibilities fall under the scope of Family Development including the completion of licensing requirements for Kinship and non-Kinship Foster Homes. Responsibilities may include work with FBHs in the Bronx as well as in Westchester.
- Ensure the timely re-certification of assigned FBHs
- Facilitate the licensing of prospective Foster Family Candidates
- Maintain up to date Foster Parent records in CNNX, Options and the hard copy file
- Ensure that timely licensing of Kinship foster parents
- Conduct initial licensing trainings as assigned
- Provide intake coverage as necessary
- Assist recruitment efforts as assigned
- Ensure responsive and fluid communication with case planning staff on all Foster Parent or child related concerns
- Provide support and guidance to case planning staff on licensing regulations and Foster Boarding Home related matters
- Ensure availability to Foster Parents for support, guidance and assistance
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- BA/BSW required with two years of relevant experience
- Valid driver’s license