Abbott House is currently seeking a full-time Registered Nurse for your sites in the Westchester County (Yonkers, Cortlandt Manor and Shrub Oak). The scheduled days and hours are Monday through Friday 9am-5pm, with the flexibility to work as early 7am or as late at 10pm for Direct Care Staff medication Certification. This includes the ability to be occasionally present at a residence at Compensated off hours and on-call rotation is expected after training.
Abbott House offers low cost medical insurance, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, child care referral assistance, and more.
The Registered nurse will timely oversee, monitor and coordinate the medical needs of adults residing in Residential Group Homes in Westchester County. Most of our residents are dually diagnosed with a Developmental Disability and Mental Health Diagnosis.
- Functioning as the liaison for DD adults between medical providers and the clinical team by coordinating, monitoring, supervising and implementing all routine and preventative medical and psychiatric care.
- Attends medical, dental, and psychiatry appointments if necessary.
- Minimum of once a week visits to each residence to review documentation from recent medical appointments and make sure follow up appointments have been made, ensure MD orders are being implemented, write up consults for future medical appointments, review Medication Administration Record compliance, prepare weekly clinical nurses notes for monthly meetings.
- Perform physical assessments on residents if necessary.
- Attend monthly clinical meetings and assist all members of the residents’ clinical team to assure that the best medical/behavioral/psychiatric care is being provided.
- Certify Direct Care Staff who have passed the NYS approved Medication Administration course according to OPWDD regulations.
- Staff education and training on pertinent medical issues affecting residents.
- Any additional nursing related duties as required and necessary.
- Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York
- Experience working with developmentally disabled and/or mental health population a plus
- Must be organized, enthusiastic, and compassionate,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently and have strong clinical assessment skills.