Abbott Houseis currently seeking a Bilingual Spanish Youth Specialists for our Transitional Resources for Children (TRC) program located in Irvington, NY.
Abbott House offers low-cost medical insurance, tuition assistance, child care referral program, PTO accrual and more
The Bilingual Youth Specialist is responsible for taking care of any and all needs of the children in his/her care, and acts responsibly in accordance with all defined policies and procedure at all times.
- Responds appropriately to the individual and special needs of children.
- Aware of the whereabouts of all children at all times.
- Demonstrates group management and crisis intervention skills.
- Acts as an appropriate and positive role model.
- Represents and carries out agency, department and unit policies and procedures.
- Assesses maintenance needs of unit and prepares maintenance requests as needed.
- Monitors cleanliness and appearance of unit and prepares maintenance requests as needed.
- Supervises chores and internal work program.
- Responds appropriately to fire alarms and fire drills.
- Plans and implements recreational activities.
- Complete log entries and incident reports accurately and regularly.
- Attends and participates in all meetings as assigned.
- Uses unit van appropriately and appropriately completes van logs.
- Demonstrates sound and effective counseling skills. Provides effective supervision of meals.
- Monitors hygiene and health problems of residents.
- Works cooperatively.
- Any other related duties as required.
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED required.
- Bilingual Spanish required, Bicultural preferred. Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- Good driving record and Valid Driver’s License required.