Under the supervision of the Sr. Case Manager, the Case Worker will be responsible for implementing, monitoring, and evaluating case management activities for the program. The Case Worker works directly with individuals dealing with homelessness. The Case Worker is responsible for assessing the needs of the individual and helping them secure permanent housing.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Conduct intake interviews and assessments
· Counsel clients with confronting issues adversely affecting their lives (i.e.: mental illness, addiction, abuse) and address any incident reported with the client
· Ensure clients have appropriate medical insurance and are referred to medical provider
· Assist clients in finding housing and employment
· Complete General Population Applications for eligible clients
· Maintain updated case files with necessary documentation and ensure documents are updated as required
· Schedule weekly or biweekly meetings with clients in caseload. Create Individual Living Plans and monitor plans for effectiveness.
· Maintain physical files and/or electronic files within CARES
· Evaluate new and existing client’s needs to determine their immediate needs, functional capabilities and assistance needed to stabilize housing, healthcare, finances, etc.
· Establish and maintain working relationships with public agencies concerning public benefits, employment services, supportive services, housing resources, etc.
· Attend and participate in all required agency meetings: staff meetings, house meetings, in-service training and weekly case review
· Conduct room inspections and address any concerns with the client
· Other duties in keeping with the scope and nature of the position.
**ACACIA NETWORK IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYER**