ACDS, Inc., located in Plainview, New York, a respected, well-known non-profit agency, serving children and adults with Down syndrome, autism, and other developmental disabilities, is in search of an entry level Human Resources Generalist who is interested in joining our team.
The major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively recruit candidates via databases, hiring platforms, social media etc.
- Plan and execute candidate sourcing strategies
- Conduct reference checks and background checks
- Act as a point of contact and build positive candidate relationships throughout the recruitment and onboarding process
- On-Boarding new hires
- Carry out other relevant administrative tasks
The Human Resources Generalist will assist in the research, development, and implementation of recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization. Also, coordinate all onboarding procedures. This role offers a hybrid working environment (onsite / remote).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
Please send letter of interest to: Head of Human Resources Chris Campbell at CCampbell@acds.org and include that you found our ad on Handshake.