Do you enjoy solving complex problems and troubleshooting products? Are you passionate about developing test strategies, finding, and tracking bugs to resolution, and innovating on behalf of customers? Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and contribute to one of the most visited sites on the Internet?
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate on behalf of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most beloved brands – customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Business intelligence engineers use cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work first-hand.
The challenges business intelligence engineers solve for at Amazon are big and impact millions of customers, sellers, and products around the world. Our path is not always simple, so we are selective about who joins us on this journey. There is a certain kind of person who takes on this role at Amazon – someone who is excited by the idea of creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years.
Come chart your own path at Amazon.
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Seattle/Bellevue, WA, Nashville, TN; Austin, TX; Greater Bay Area, CA; DC Metro Area; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Greater Boston Area, MA; Greater Denver Area, CO; Greater Los Angeles Area, CA; Greater New York Area; Irvine, CA; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA. To qualify, applicants should have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree within the last six months (at time of application) or be on track to earn their Bachelor’s or Master’s degree prior to the role start date.
As a business intelligence engineer intern, you will/may:
· Build small- to mid-size business intelligence (BI) solutions – data sets, queries, reports, dashboards, analyses – or components of larger solutions to answer business questions with data
· Use well-defined requirements to build a solution that enables effective, data-driven business decisions. Deliver end product on schedule
· Create and populate data structures using one or more schema definition languages (e.g. DDL, SDL, XSD, RDF)
· Write secure, stable, testable, and maintainable code with minimal defects, and automate manual processes where possible
· Use one or more industry analytics visualization tools (e.g. Excel, Tableau, QuickSight, MicroStrategy, PowerBI) and, as needed, statistical methods (e.g. t-test, Chi-squared) to deliver actionable insights to stakeholders
· Invent, refine, and develop BI solutions to ensure they meet the needs of the business and team goals
· Troubleshoot data, analyses, and code, research root causes, propose solutions, and take ownership in next steps for their resolutions
· Currently enrolled in or will receive a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in math/statistics/engineering or other equivalent quantitative discipline at time of application (or graduated less than six months prior to application)
· Experience with data querying or modeling with SQL
· Experience with building and maintain basic data artifacts (e.g. ETL, data models, queries)
· Experience with one or more industry analytics visualization tools (e.g. Excel, Tableau, QuickSight, MicroStrategy, PowerBI) and statistical methods (e.g. t-test, Chi-squared)
· Experience with scripting language (e.g., Python, Java, or R)
· Previous technical internship(s)
· Master’s or advanced technical degree
· Knowledge of data modeling and data pipeline design
· Application of basic statistical methods (e.g. regression) for difficult business problems
· Knowledge of how to improve code quality and optimizes BI processes (e.g. speed, cost, reliability)
· Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills and data presentation skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.