BY SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION TO THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR NATIONWIDE LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
*You must be open to relocate across the US for this role.*
This role is a 10 to 12-week internship starting in the summer of 2021.
What does it look like to be an operations finance partner for a $100B and growing startup? Cutting-edge technology, automation, and a fast pace environment attract some of the brightest in operations to help us redefine our distribution network each year. To do so, we look for exceptional candidates who possess the leadership skills to influence, a bias for action, and the passion to think big while diving deep. The challenges we tackle span multiple industries and functions across our many businesses and acquisitions, all powered by the same mission—to be Earth’s most customer-centric company.
The Operations Finance Rotation Program (OFRP) intern roles are given significant responsibility from the start of their internship to drive both business and financial decisions to deliver results. OFRP Interns are expected to evaluate and quantify new business ideas, and perform data-intensive analyses to drive meaningful change and improvement to the way we serve our customers. OFRP Interns are placed in our fulfillment centers during their internship to ensure they gain the varied experience to be well-rounded leaders in our organization. This experience culminates to a final project review with senior leaders across multiple departments within operations and support functions.
· Owning and diving deep for data to support a recommendation, and driving resolution for an intern project.
· Participating in staff planning and maintaining/improving metrics and models.
· Conducting financial analysis to help identify cost reduction opportunities.
· Collecting and analyzing quantitative data from the manufacturing process paths.
· Walking through the fulfillment center and working with hourly associates to identify cost out and process opportunities.
· Designing and maintaining reports based on collected data.
· Communicating results to controller, sr. operations leaders and other support department leaders.
· Maintaining data integrity to ensure accuracy of fiscal results.
· Owning both variable and fixed budgeting on a weekly, monthly, and yearly level , upwards of $100MM
· Working with and supporting operational leaders across many different business functions to drive network level cost savings and efficiency.
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
· Geographic mobility (locations will vary and candidates could be placed nationwide).
· Must be able to work 40 hours a week throughout the course of the internship.
· Term: 10 to 12 weeks during the summer of 2021.
· Must be willing to relocate at time-of-hire (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference).
· Benefits: competitive salary, relocation and housing assistance
· Opportunity: an offer for full time employment for the OFRP may be given after the internship.
· Currently working towards a bachelor’s degree with an expected conferral date between December 2021 and Summer 2022
· Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain Management, or other business related majors with expected conferral date between December 2021 and August 2022
· Understanding of basic business, accounting and finance concepts, and a working knowledge of Excel.
· Commitment to self-development and proven ability to receive and action feedback.
· A practical and creative approach to problem solving.
· Ability to summarize and communicate important data.
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral skills.
· Solid organizational and project-management skills.
· Strong desire to exceed expectations.
· Understanding of basic business, accounting, and finance concepts, and a working knowledge of Excel.
· Commitment to self-development and proven ability to receive and action feedback
· A practical and creative approach to problem solving
· Ability to summarize and communicate important data
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills
· Solid organizational and project-management skills
· Strong desire to exceed expectations
Please list your undergraduate school and expected graduation date within the Education section of your online application. Currently working towards a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, supply chain management, operations and information systems, business administration and management, mathematics, economics, or related field. Expected degree conferral should be between December 2021 and June 2022.
NOTE: When applying to the Amazon site, no cover letter is necessary.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.