Do you enjoy solving complex problems and troubleshooting products? Are you passionate about developing test strategies, finding, and tracking bugs to resolution, and innovating on behalf of customers? Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and contribute to one of the most visited sites on the Internet?
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate on behalf of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most beloved brands – customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Business intelligence engineers use cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work first-hand.
The challenges quality assurance engineers solve for at Amazon are big and impact millions of customers, sellers, and products around the world. Our path is not always simple, so we are selective about who joins us on this journey. There is a certain kind of person who takes on this role at Amazon – someone who is excited by the idea of creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years.
Come chart your own path at Amazon.
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Seattle/Bellevue, WA, Nashville, TN; Austin, TX; Greater Bay Area, CA; DC Metro Area; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Greater Boston Area, MA; Greater Denver Area, CO; Greater Los Angeles Area, CA; Greater New York Area; Irvine, CA; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA. To qualify, applicants should have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree within the last six months (at time of application) or be on track to earn their Bachelor’s or Master’s degree prior to the role start date.
As a quality assurance engineer, you will/may:
· Use technical knowledge to create, execute, and maintain test plans and automation involving one or more product components and/or features
· Create and maintain automation scripts, make configuration changes, and modify/extend test cases to accommodate feature releases
· Perform initial defect triage and root cause analysis, and escalate roadblocks/risks
· Troubleshoot automation failures and isolate bugs to help developers research the root cause of defects
· Analyze change requests and provide recommendations on how change might impact test scope and/or product behavior
· Currently enrolled in or will receive a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in math/statistics/engineering or other equivalent quantitative discipline at time of application (or graduated less than six months prior to application)
· Knowledge of test methodologies, software testing life cycle
· Experience with industry technologies (e.g., Selenium, Junit, TestNG, and other open source tools)
· Master’s or advanced technical degree
· Experience executing and maintaining black box test cases
· Experience troubleshooting issues and root cause analysis
· Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical, and problem solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.