Do you enjoy solving complex problems and troubleshooting products? Are you passionate about developing test strategies, finding, and tracking bugs to resolution, and innovating on behalf of customers? Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and contribute to one of the most visited sites on the Internet?
If this describes you, consider joining us as an intern in the summer of 2021. Amazon is looking for a quality assurance engineer intern to join one of our many lines of business. Amazon interns have the opportunity to work alongside the industry’s brightest engineers who innovate everyday on behalf of our customers. You will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will have the opportunity to impact the evolution of Amazon technology as well as lead mission-critical projects early in your career. Your work will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the company.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in fun activities with other interns throughout the summer. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your summer and learn in a real world setting.
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Seattle/Bellevue, WA; Nashville, TN; Austin, TX; Greater Bay Area, CA; DC Metro Area; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Greater Boston Area, MA; Greater Denver Area, CO; Greater Los Angeles Area, CA; Greater New York Area; Irvine, CA; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates in May and June 2021. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
As a quality assurance engineer intern, you will/may:
· Use technical knowledge to create, execute, and maintain test plans and automation involving one or more product components and/or features
· Create and maintain automation scripts, make configuration changes, and modify/extend test cases to accommodate feature releases
· Perform initial defect triage and root cause analysis, and escalate roadblocks/risks
· Troubleshoot automation failures and isolate bugs to help developers research the root cause of defects
· Analyze change requests and provide recommendations on how change might impact test scope and/or product behavior
· Currently enrolled in or will receive a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in math/statistics/engineering or other equivalent quantitative discipline with a conferral date after September 2021
· Knowledge of test methodologies, software testing life cycle
· Experience with industry technologies (e.g., Selenium, Junit, TestNG, and other open source tools)
· Master’s or advanced technical degree
· Experience executing and maintaining black box test cases
· Experience troubleshooting issues and root cause analysis
· Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical, and problem solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.