Amazon Student Programs Quality Assurance Engineer Internship (US) Job Description
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Seattle/Bellevue, WA; DC Metro Area; Nashville, TN; Austin, TX; Greater Bay Area, CA; Detroit, MI; Greater Boston Area, MA; Greater Los Angeles Area, CA; Irvine, CA; Greater New York Area; Irvine, CA; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA.
Do you enjoy solving complex problems and troubleshooting products? Are you passionate about developing software development test strategies, finding, and tracking bugs to resolution, and innovating on behalf of customers? Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and contribute to one of the most visited sites on the Internet?
If this describes you, consider joining us as an intern in the summer of 2022. Amazon is looking for a quality assurance engineer intern to join one of our many lines of business. Amazon interns have the opportunity to work alongside the industry’s brightest engineers who innovate everyday on behalf of our customers. You will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will have the opportunity to impact the evolution of Amazon technology as well as lead mission-critical projects early in your career. Your work will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the company.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in fun activities with other interns throughout the summer. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your summer and learn in a real world setting.
Come chart your own path at Amazon.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates in May – July 2022. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
As a quality assurance engineer intern, you will/may:
· Use technical knowledge to create, execute, and maintain software test plans and automation involving one or more product components and/or features
· Create and maintain automation scripts, make configuration changes, and modify/extend test cases to accommodate feature releases
· Develop test solutions, scripts, and simple tools to reduce manual effort, audit component, or improve feature quality.
· Troubleshoot automation failures and isolate bugs to help developers research the root cause of defects
· Analyze change requests and provide recommendations on how change might impact test scope and/or product behavior
· Currently enrolled in or will receive a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other equivalent technical discipline with an expected conferral date between September 2022 – August 2024
· Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (e.g., Python, Ruby, Perl)
· Knowledge of software-testing techniques (e.g., equivalence class partitioning), and software testing life cycle
· Experience with technologies (e.g., Selenium, Junit, TestNG, and other open source tools)
· Enrolled in a Master’s Degree or advanced technical degree
· Previous technical internship(s), if applicable
· Experience in four core software-testing techniques: 1) equivalence class partitioning; 2) boundary value testing; 3) verifying each requirement; and 4) state transition.
· Experience executing and maintaining black box test cases
· Experience troubleshooting issues and root cause analysis
· Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical, and problem solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $6,658 /month. Fulltime interns working longer than 90 days will be eligible for access to a medical benefit, and can enroll in a 401k on Day 1 if age 18. Interns will also have access to paid time off. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.