NOTE: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all UX Design roles at all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Greater Seattle Area (Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond), Greater Bay Area (San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara), Greater DMV (DC, MD, VA), Austin (TX), New York City (NY), Minneapolis (MN).
Design at Amazon has been growing steadily in reach and impact—from devices to fashion, delivery logistics to search and streaming video, from voice and sound to physical retail, and more—all while creating and cultivating experiences that touch Amazon customers everywhere, every day. Amazon design teams include every flavor of UI, UX, visual, motion, illustration, brand, and marketing design roles—as well as design technologists, researchers, writers, and more. Check out Amazon.design, and come build the future with us.
As a UX Designer you will contribute to product vision and collaborate with a team that defines and designs user interfaces, systems, and interaction, visual, motion, and voice design patterns. You must be proactive, creative, flexible, resilient, and able to handle high levels of ambiguity.
· Design thoughtful, beautiful, and useful software user interfaces and experiences in a team environment.
· Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
· Use business requirements, user and market research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
· Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences.
· Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes.
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns.
· Work with program managers to plan projects for effective delivery while maintaining high standards for design.
· Be a passionate and effective advocate for design with non-design audiences.
· Write effectively to communicate design rationales and benefits to Amazon customers.
· Currently working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Design, Human-Centered Interaction, Statistics, Psychology, Computer Science, or other equivalent discipline, with an expected conferral date between 08/01/2021 and 08/01/2022 and/or completed your degree no more than 12 months ago
· Previous experience working in a collaborative team environment to deliver high-quality design solutions
· Creative materials demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g., study plans, reports, portfolios)
· Experience with consumer brand experience design and a understanding of storytelling
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
· Additional design skills in related fields, including film-making, motion design, and prototyping
· Experience with design, wire-framing, and prototyping tools
· Experience in designing cross platform experiences
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to extract complex concepts and quickly turn around rigorous flows and mock-ups reflecting a range of options
· Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
· Ability to proficiently present design solutions to stakeholders in design, product management, and engineering
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay for this position in Colorado is $97,200/year. However, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.