At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The Colleague Services and Digital Capabilities (CSDC) organization at American Express plays a critical role in in providing the best in class services, capabilities, data and insights that enable a great colleague experience. The organization builds and evolves essential foundational and operational products and services to enable Colleague Experience Group (CEG) and the business. The CSDC organization manages the ecosystem of CEG platforms, applications, third party partners, colleague insights and reporting, and colleague-related risk, compliance and governance.
We are seeking a colleague with strong quantitative and statistics training, a passion for data-backed decisions. This role will require the successful candidate to tackle intellectual challenges and innovate to establish the future of Colleague Insights Data Science team primarily focusing on employee retention, collaboration, inclusion & diversity metrics, and key talent.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Develop predictive modeling that will enable colleague retention and growing diverse representation.
- Define and validate that appropriate data is being captured, including investigating data anomalies
- Gather, manipulate, and explore large datasets to test hypotheses, extract useful insights and create forecasts
- Apply your deep expertise in analytics
- Identify opportunities to automate repetitive analyses, including leveraging AI and machine learning algorithms.
- Collaborate with CEG partners, Technology, and peer analytics team members to get things done, influence priorities and develop knowledge
How You’ll Stand Out:
- Work experience using analytics to solve business problems in complex organizations
- People Analytics experience /HR data
- 2+ years of programming experience in Python, R, SQL, Hive
- 2+ years of experience in Tableau, Power BI
- Proven experience communicating results to technical and non-technical audiences
- BS or Masters in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or related analytical field.
- 1-2 years of experience using quantitative analysis and statistical modeling
- Understanding of statistical and experimentation concepts such as distributions, regression, confidence, correlation, significance, P-value, T-tests, etc.
- Programming experience in Python, R
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization tools such as Power BI
- Experience with SQL or other query language required
- Ability to learn quickly and work within tight deadlines
- Flexibility and adaptability to work within tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Location: Phoenix, AZ or New York, NY
- Visa Sponsorship: Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.