American Express is a leading global payments, network, and travel company, backed by one of the world’s most recognized brands. American Express is unique in the payments industry as an issuer of cards as well as a worldwide network that processes millions of merchant transactions daily. We offer the broadest array of charge, credit, prepaid and co brand cards for consumers, small businesses, midsize companies and large corporations.
With 160 years of innovation behind us, our future could not look more promising. We’re moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies to bring greater value to our business customers. Their success expands our success, so we put heart and soul into helping them achieve results that exceed all expectations.
Global Corporate Services (GCS) is a core operating group of American Express and has delivered robust growth over the past decade. GCS partners with corporate clients to help them manage travel expenses and make large purchases through a proprietary payment solutions and expense management tools. The Middle Market Sales & Business Development is focused on acquiring and growing American Express business with US companies with annual revenue of $10M-$500M and those within the OTA industry.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
· Drive New Sales from prospective clients, Expansions and Cross-Sales from a pool of existing high-priority clients with annual revenue of $10M-$300M in primary and secondary markets
· Achieve Expansion/ Cross-Sale CV targets
· Execute a transactional sales cycle
· Sell core American Express solutions
· Spend significant time identifying opportunities, ensuring set-up/ card issuing, and managing expansion signings through the first 13 months of BCV
· Sell with integrity and appropriately track prospect data to ensure a coordinated and consistent client experience, in alignment with compliance and internal partner business requirements
Required skills & qualifications:
- Proactively and consistently demonstrates the value of partnering with Amex , highlighting key pillars of the value proposition
- Documents and communicates the ROI of growth opportunities, identifying benefits and synergies with current products
- Ability to have equal business stature with C-level decision makers
- Gains a commitment from the client to move forward by asking for the business and successfully managing objections
- Overcomes objections and resistance to proposed solutions with key client decision makers and mobilizes them to action
- Ability to manage implementation and demonstrate impeccable follow up
- Demonstrates a competitive, positive, “driven” attitude, quickly adapts to different situations, and recovers from setbacks
- Proactively focuses on results, outcomes, and achievements, persistently overcoming obstacles as they arise
Influence & persuasion
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance for products and/ or services
- Utilizes innovativeness and compelling rationale to overcome complex client barriers, enabling mutually-beneficial outcomes
- Able to leverage strong network to develop and drive a strong referral base
Account management & pipeline management
- Co-manages a pipeline of opportunities, leveraging client data/ analytics to plan and prioritize activities within large portfolios
- Leverages lead sources to identify opportunities and proactively schedule warm account review appointments with clients
- Effectively identifies client needs with Middle Market Client Group input to configure solutions that address client requirements and deliver value
- Positions products and services to meet specific client needs and solicits feedback about the value of proposed solutions
Market, industry, & product knowledge
- Understands at a tactical level market/ industry key competitors, challenges, terminology, technology, trends, and regulations