Summer 2021 Unpaid Internships
The content of this listing is in accordance with all applicable employment laws. While this is an unpaid internship, we offer College or University credit. Preference is given to those with an academic requirement for an internship.
Please read the entire contents of this posting before apply.
- Eligibility: You must be enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate degree program at the time of the internship.
- Preferred Majors: Emergency Management, Urban Planning, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Public Policy and Administration, Nonprofit Management, Psychology, Sociology, Homeland Security, Criminal Justice
- Preferred Grade Levels: Undergraduate Junior, Undergraduate Senior, and Graduate level.
- Duration: Monday, June 7th – Friday, August 13th
- Mission Concept: Help During a Crisis
- Note: In many cases we are unable to support Practicums or Public Health requirements
- COVID-19 Protocols: Our offices are officially closed as of this posting however they may be opportunities to conduct fieldwork pending need and conforming to all local, state, national and organizational COVID-19 protocols
This internship is for students who are action driven and client focused. You want to work behind-the-scenes developing plans for effective service delivery and disaster volunteer Engagement. From small house fires to local natural disasters, you want to help where you’re needed, so people can have clean water, safe shelter and hot meals when they need them most.
Overview: The intern(s) will be working in the Disaster Response division, focusing on volunteer engagement for Disaster Action Team Members who are volunteers that work behind-the-scenes (due to COVID-19) to ensure those affected by disaster find care, comfort and hope.
The focus will be on supporting the development of new Response/Disaster Action Team volunteers which includes onboarding, training, newsletter design, creating engagement opportunities, data reporting and teaching complex databases such as our proprietary RC Care system. Watch video here: https://youtu.be/tgcuQk6J0dk
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship
- Passion for engagement projects that focus on the development of volunteers
- Excellence in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Strong degree of emotional intelligence and/or empathy with ability to work effectively in stressful situations
- Very detail-oriented with strong ability to multi-task
- Willing to perform back-office processes and learn new computer systems/applications
- Maintains confidentiality; works with integrity and ethically
What You’ll Learn
In our region, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. You’re learning and development will include:
- Relationship Building
- Organizational Management
- Training and mentoring from subject matter experts
- Volunteer Engagement, Management & Administration
- A deeper awareness of the Humanitarian Mission of the American Red Cross
- Cultivation of Cultural Competence and Inclusion
Being involved in projects critical to the day-to-day work of our non-profit organization, gaining an insider’s perspective on the Red Cross humanitarian mission as well as service delivery at the local and national levels.
- Access to Microsoft Teams as a way to work collaboratively while working remotely
- Access to subject matter experts in the fields of Nonprofit Management, Nonprofit Fundraising, Emergency Management, Communications, Social Media, Disaster Relief, and much more.
- Access to our exclusive online database of professional development courses.
- Additional service projects with direct impact in communities within our Greater New York Region.