Number of hires for this role
Full Job Description
Summer 2021 Unpaid Internships
The content of this listing is in accordance with all applicable employment laws. While this is an unpaid internship, we offer College or University credit. Preference is given to those with an academic requirement for an internship.
- Eligibility: You must be enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate degree program at the time of the internship.
- Preferred Majors: Film/Video, Social Media Studies, Digital Communications, or Journalism with a concentration in Videography
- Preferred Grade Levels: Undergraduate Junior, Undergraduate Senior, and Graduate level.
- Duration: Monday, June 7th – Friday, August 13th
- Mission Concept: Communicate Our Mission
- COVID-19 Protocols: Our offices are officially closed as of this posting however they may be opportunities to conduct fieldwork pending need and conforming to all local, state, national and organizational COVID-19 protocols
This internship is for students who are practiced and persuasive public speakers, have strong writing skills and are savvy about social media. You want to be part of communicating the Red Cross mission behind-the-scenes, on-camera, in-person, and online.
Intern, Intern, Social Media and Video Content Creator – You’ll serve an integral role conveying the work of the Red Cross to the organization’s constituents by assisting in social media management, tracking, and community engagement with multiple Red Cross social media accounts. Your projects may include:
- Creating, monitoring, and curating interesting and effective content for social media platforms.
- Producing digital content to promote and raise awareness of Red Cross values, content, and activities on social media.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship
- Passion for creating interesting content and storytelling via videography and writing
- Strong writing skills, with experience writing, formatting, and posting clear content.
- Strong Photography/Videography skills with intermediate to advanced proficiency in Photoshop, iMovie, and Adobe Premiere Pro strongly preferred. Portfolio of work required.
- Excellence in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Strong degree of emotional intelligence and/or empathy with ability to work effectively in stressful situations
- Very detail-oriented with strong ability to multi-task
- Willing to perform back-office processes and learn new computer systems/applications
- Maintains confidentiality; works with integrity and ethically
What You’ll Learn
In our region, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. You’re learning and development will include:
- Relationship Building
- Organizational Management
- Training and mentoring from subject matter experts
- Volunteer Engagement, Management & Administration
- A deeper awareness of the Humanitarian Mission of the American Red Cross
- Cultivation of Cultural Competence and Inclusion
Being involved in projects critical to the day-to-day work of our non-profit organization, gaining an insider’s perspective on the Red Cross humanitarian mission as well as service delivery at the local and national levels.
- Access to Microsoft Teams as a way to work collaboratively while working remotely
- Access to subject matter experts in the fields of Nonprofit Management, Nonprofit Fundraising, Emergency Management, Communications, Social Media, Disaster Relief, and much more.
- Access to our exclusive online database of professional development courses.
- Additional service projects with direct impact in communities within our Greater New York Region.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $0.01 per hour
- Monday to Friday
This unpaid internship position is remote.
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Company’s Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
7 days ago