Animal Specialty Center in Yonkers, New York is seeking a Veterinary Assistant who is looking to join a fast paced, forward thinking hospital. You can make an exceptional difference in the lives of our patients and their families enduring emergency and critical cases.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in Veterinary Medicine and becoming a Licensed Veterinary Technician, ASC will grant licensure reimbursements.
What you can expect:
- A team that feels and functions like a family. We pride ourselves in an open, welcoming work environment where employees can feel safe to learn from their co-workers and seek guidance from a variety of clinicians and specialists.
- A learning environment. Senior technicians mentor and guide newer technicians and veterinary assistants to build them to a level of expertise. We work hard to support a learning environment where technicians receive the support to pursue specialty credentials and leadership opportunities.
- Fast pace. We are looking for highly motivated veterinary assistants to join our fast-paced, 24-hour emergency and intensive care team.
What we provide:
- Leadership strives to maintain close working relationships with all employees to take into consideration their concerns or suggestions for continued innovation and expansion of our services and patient care.
- Comprehensive benefits. We provide an annual uniform allowance, state sick leave days, additional paid vacation time off, competitive healthcare benefits, 401(k), pet care discounts, to name a few.
- Paid training including an annual CE stipend, set paid CE days, in-house CE lectures and online learning platforms.
- Tuition Sponsorship and License Reimbursement for those looking to continue their veterinary medicine education and working towards becoming licensed in NYS.
- Most importantly, we provide mentorship and growth.
Our assistants assume responsibility for all general husbandry and oversee patient care to support our licensed staff. Through training and oversight with our training team, assistants will work through levels of skills sets to be able to perform blood draws and treatments as approved by the team. Our veterinary assistants cover multiple shifts in our busy Emergency room and ICU including triage, in-hospital care, out-patient care, and overnight specialty patient care.
Positive attitude and critical thinking are a must.