Un-Paid Internship Opportunity Winter/Spring 2021
Description The internship scope of services will combine the Membership Department’s objectives for growth and engagement on The Brooklyn Marketplace, the Chamber’s new digital platform (web and app); alongside collecting data and connecting with members to provide support and assistance. Interns can attend virtual meetings and events to learn about the work that the chamber carries out on behalf of the community.
1. We will work with the students to understand the process of creating invoices and emailing them to lapsed members for renewal. We will orient students on how to assist with data integrity efforts and provide communication tools to help them conduct outreach to the membership to check-in and provide feedback on areas of support needed, record challenges being faced and help to share Chamber resources that can help.
2. A technology project to help the Membership Dept. on board members to our digital platform, The Brooklyn Marketplace and assist w/categorizing data The student(s) will also help with some backend work to ensure that each member directory listing is updated and listed correctly. They will also help to manage content for some of our marketplace communities/channels and help to send push notifications to businesses via the platform. The student will interface with select members via Zoom to assist with on boarding and navigating the platform.
• Assist the Membership department engage with lapsed members and email them renewal invoices
• Ensure that attention is given to bounced emails and member questions by routing emails to the Membership team and assist with updating member profiles
• Serve as outreach support and assist the Membership Dept. to inform members about our web an web Marketplace by providing information about the benefits and value of each platform
• Perform general admin duties such as organizing files and other information
- Excellent work ethic and a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and general knowledge of MS Office 365 Suite
- Strong customer service background
- Detailed oriented and excellent time management skills
- Able to work on multiple projects within deadline and with accuracy
- Able to understand directions and take initiative to problem solve/offer suggestions
- Strong organizational skills, ability to produce reports and conduct research