Job Purpose: It is the responsibility of the HR Coordinator of Best Choice Home Health Care, Inc. to be responsible for Benefits and Leave Management, including but not limited to Disability, Family and Medical Leave, Paid Family Leave, Workers Compensation, etc. as well as manage all transactions, paperwork, documentation and follow up of all leave status with employees and vendors. Additionally, they will assist with the Recruitment functions for the HHATP (Home Health Aide Training Program) classes and Pre-Certified Orientation, hiring process of staff, orientation as well as maintain personnel records and HR tasks are in compliance with Department of Health regulations. Maintain confidentiality in securing information and files as per agency policy and HIPAA regulations.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bilingual Spanish Required
- High School Diploma, some college preferred.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a Human Resources Department or in the home health care industry preferred.
- Excellent computer, typing, interpersonal and verbal skills; detailed oriented, able to prioritize, exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel required.
- Provide information and forms for HHAs regarding various leaves of absence requests – personal leave, paid family leave, FLMA, Workers Compensation, Disability, etc.
- Complete any Disability, FMLA, PFL paperwork once submitted back from employees to complete the claim and send to the appropriate vendor/agency.
- Update leave status of aide in HHA Exchange and Workday.
- Mark calendar and track any/all leave requests and update Operations and Corporate Benefits of status updates.
- Follow up and send out any communications with Aides, operations, managers in a timely fashion. Document and track all leaves in HHAX, Workday, spreadsheets and other tracking mechanisms
- Coordinate with corporate Benefits any communication regarding any/all leaves and benefit eligibility programs for HHAs.
- Provide updates to Benefit reports on a weekly basis to Corporate Benefits team.
- Complete, file and track all Worker’s Compensation claims and provide updates to team on latest correspondence and status of hearings, resolutions, awards, etc.
- Monitor sick absences to determine if employee may be eligible for appropriate leave once timeframes have been satisfied (DBL 8th consecutive day; FMLA, etc.)
- Follow up with employees to report Workers Compensation injury/illness and collect Incident Reports from Operations Coordinators to get necessary documentation in a timely fashion to submit to Corvel (WC carrier).
- Maintain electronic files of cases in Best Choice shared drive of all paperwork and documentation related to leave management.
- Generate reports from HHA Exchange as needed and when requested.
- File all documents into employees’ personnel file accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist with terminating employees in Workday, HHA Exchange; CHRC – 105 and Home Care Registry as needed.
- Assist with scheduling employees for HR appointments regarding compliance matters, due process, recruitment, etc.
- Assist HR Compliance Coordinator to contact HHA’s for missing documents, entering data/updates for in-services, medical reports, annual mandatory evaluations, performance evaluations, supervisory evaluations, etc.
- Assist HHAs with Workday login, resetting password and assistance as needed.
- Create Employment Verification letters for HHAs.
- Prepare employees ID badges.
- Provide exemplary customer service for HHAs to assist staff inquires via walk in or phone calls.
- Work with Recruitment HR Coordinator with the recruiting, sourcing and scheduling of candidate for the Home Health Aide Training Program HHATP /Certified Home Health Aide employment.
- Speak to prospects and schedule interviews, review prospects videos, issue tests and score exams for passing grades.
- Work with Recruiter in the scheduling of drug screen and fingerprinting
- Assist with the follow up of the collection of documents of prospects of necessary documentation such as, but not limited to:
- HHA Certificates for pre-certified candidates
- 2 forms of Identification and I-9 documentation
- Receive Medical Exam/Physical assessments from prospects and have cleared by RN for new hire orientation.
- New hire packet/forms
- Work with new hires on the Onboarding Process in Workday.
- Conduct and/or assist with New Hire Orientation for Pre-Certified and Graduation events for the HHATP classes.
- Provide customer service of prospects by returning class inquiries emails and phone calls. Call back, text or email prospects in a timely fashion.
- Reliable punctuality and attendance. Maintenance of patient/employee confidentiality. Adhere to all policies and procedures of Best Choice Home Health Care, Inc./CenterLight Health System and Code of Conduct. Ability to interact with all levels of staff efficiently and professionally. Effective communication skills:
- Listening – Ability to accept advice, direction and constructive criticism from others and proceed in a positive direction.
- Oral Communication – Ability to express one’s thoughts, ideas, reactions and perceptions with others in a non-threatening, non-judgmental manner.
- Presenting – Ability to organize and present information to others clearly and effectively.
- Writing – Ability to compose written material (memos, letters, reports, proposals) clearly and concisely using correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Negotiating – Ability to be persistent, yet flexible and cooperative with others in reaching a mutual agreement that fulfills the major needs of all parties involved.
- Ability to answer all calls in a timely, professional manner. Accurate, timely distribution of messages.
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm; 35 hours per week.