Job Purpose: It is the responsibility of the HR Compliance Coordinator of Best Choice Home Health Care, Inc. to ensure all requirements of paraprofessional staff are met, maintain personnel in compliance with Department of Health regulations, and maintain confidentiality in securing information and files as per agency policy and HIPAA regulations.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
Bachelor degree preferred, 2 to 3 years’ experience in a Human Resources Department or experience working in a LHCSA. Excellent computer, word processing, interpersonal and verbal skills; detailed oriented, able to prioritize, exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates courtesy at all times to external and internal customers: Makes eye contact and smiles. When appropriate, asks, “How may I help You?” Uses a friendly, professional tone of voice. Projects open body language.
- Listens to customers and assigns the highest priority to customer needs: Uses “Active Listening” skills. Acknowledges what customer says by feeding back key words. Responds empathetically. Offers assistance to visitors, patients, and other staff members when they appear lost or confused.
- Demonstrates a desire for excellence in all aspects of work: Participates in making suggestions, which “Make Life Better for People” in their individual depts.., as well as other areas of the Network.
- Approaches customer interactions in a solution-oriented manner: Tells the customer full name, title, and department. Provides information about what they will be doing, how long the process will take, what the customer can expect, and any important facts. Asks questions to help determine problems and possible solutions. Answers questions clearly and completely.
- Responds to customers and co-workers requests in a timely manner: Keeps promises when made. Follow-ups and follows through on customer requests. When appropriate, apologizes for the wait. Avoids making excuses.
Primary Role Responsibilities
- Ensure that all Best Choice employees meet the compliance requirements in accordance with Federal and State Regulations, as well as with Best Choice policies, regulations and procedures.
- Perform quality audit of employees’ files to ensure compliance with the facility policies and regulations.
- Track employees’ annual health assessments, in-services, skills assessments, mandatories, supervisory evaluations and performance evaluations to ensure 100% compliance.
- Ensure that all Best Choice employees are terminated in CHRC, HHA Exchange and ADP systems.
- Maintaining employee records by filing all correspondence
- Assist with the termination of all employees in HHA Exchange, CHRC , HCR and ADP database.
- Maintain paraprofessional personnel files in compliance with DOH regulations; conducts file audits for all locations and updates HR Manager of findings twice each quarter. Prepare quarterly report for review with HR Manager.
- Follow-up with employee to ensure that are files updated with any missing documents.
- Track and issue reports for all paraprofessionals due for quarterly in-services. Enter all in-services into HHA Exchange. Track and issues report for Paraprofessionals due for annual health requirements. Track and issues report for Paraprofessionals annual PPD’s, Physicals and Drug screens monthly. Report any positive drug screen results to RN Manager and HR Manager.
- Tracks and issue reports for all probationary and annual evaluations due. Track and issue Supervisory Visit Clinical Services and HR Manager. Process compliance reports weekly/monthly and update the HR Manager.
- Provide weekly reports of employees to HR Manager – compliance status – physicals, in-services, PPDs, drug screening, probationary evaluation, performance evaluation, Supervisory visits and Employment authorization.
- Place paraprofessionals in HHA Exchange with the following status – hold, inactive or resigned; communicate with staff regarding Paraprofessional’s employment status. Advise HR Manager of any arrest notifications from CHRC.
- In collaboration with HR Coordinator – Bronx location schedule Paraprofessionals for annual medical requirements for PPDs, Drug Screens and Annual Health Assessments monthly, prior to paraprofessional’s due date – All locations
- Assist with all Paraprofessionals inquires via walk in or phone regarding employment verification and any other employment related issues.
- Enter data/updates for in-service, medical reports, annual performance, mandatories etc.
- Generate weekly report to terminated employees from HHA Exchange (employees terminated in HHA Exchange for the week). Review DOH weekly roster together with HHA Exchange terminated report to ensure CHRC 105 is completed and the employee/s is terminated in ADP.
- Complete CHRC 105 for all employee terminated in HHA Exchange
- Provide copies of the termination report and any CHRC 105 forms that were completed on Tuesday of the following week.
- Follow-up with HHAs regarding Employment authorization status.
- Assist with the completion and file of Worker’s Compensation claims and disability claims forms for HHAs when required.
- Liaise with Corporate HR and employee/s regarding the status of filed claims and other queries when required.
- File all documents into employees personnel file
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the HR Manager
Key Criteria For Success:
- Reliable punctuality and attendance.
- Maintenance of patient/employee confidentiality.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of Best Choice Home Health Care, Inc. /CenterLight Health System.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff efficiently and professionally.
- Effective communication skills:
- Listening – Ability to accept advice, direction and constructive criticism from others and proceed in a positive direction.
- Oral Communication – Ability to express one’s thoughts, ideas, reactions and perceptions with others in a non-threatening, non-judgmental manner.
- Presenting – Ability to organize and present information to others clearly and effectively.
- Writing – Ability to compose written material (memos, letters, reports, proposals) clearly and concisely using correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Negotiating – Ability to be persistent, yet flexible and cooperative with others in reaching a mutual agreement that fulfills the major needs of all parties involved.
- Ability to answer all calls in a timely, professional manner.
- Accurate, timely distribution of messages.