- The Intake Specialist guides and assists home care clients through the process of receiving quality care through the agency while collaborating with contracts to increase referrals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1-year experience in an equivalent position; healthcare field preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and strong attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of federal and state standards applicable to Home Health Care required.
- Excellent communications skills: written and verbal
- Excellent data analysis, organization and relationship building skills.
- Develops and maintains positive “customer” relationships (“customer” is defined as co-workers, participants, visitors, vendors, supervisors).
- Communicates with customers in a caring, helpful, considerate and culturally sensitive manner.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of customer needs and wants and attempts to anticipate and meet customer needs.
- Suggests and implements customer-centered service improvements.
- Utilizes service recovery techniques to resolve issues quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development; maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills.
- Treats other CenterLight employees respectfully and facilitates an environment of teamwork.
- Initiates, if appropriate, incident reporting process, and participates in incident investigation and reporting as applicable
- Performs consistent with organization’s mission and philosophy.
- Performs job responsibilities according to organization’s policies. Seeks clarification when needed.
- Assumes responsibility for assignments given, seeks supervision appropriately, and is accountable for work performance. Meets productivity guidelines.
- Maintains HIPAA standards and confidentiality of PHI.
- Supports organizational activities by participating in quality improvement activities, special projects, internal and/or external committees, community activities and other duties as assigned.
- Serves as a role model for peers and colleagues
- Receives referrals from physicians/facilities/external customers/contracts and initiates the intake process.
- Collaborates with contracts/ new contacts to increase number of referrals.
- Coordinates with the Clinical Manager/designee to obtain the start of care date and/or discharge date.
- Enters new patient records in the system ensuring accuracy of all patient demographic information.
- Performs eligibility/insurance verification. Confirms Medicaid eligibility in E-Paces and contacts contracts for patients with inactive Medicaid to confirm status.
- Confers with the Clinical Manager/designee as to the preliminary eligibility for service.
- Coordinates with the Clinical Manager/designee and Billing Coordinator to ensure required information is obtained for patient records.
- Coordinates referral assignments with Coordination Supervisor.
- Schedules all visits to ensure that regulatory deadlines are met and staffing resources are optimized.
- Handles all scheduling exceptions and coordinates with the Clinical Manager/designee as needed.
- Receives documentation and e-mails information to all authorized staff.
- Obtains authorizations for service requests and ensures that such authorizations for service are in place for the first and subsequent episodes or treatment periods.
- Attends regular interdisciplinary team meetings for purposes of identifying new admissions and re-certifications.
- Reviews weekly eligibility report and ensures that all corrections are made.
- Reviews potential agency billing overlaps as identified in the weekly eligibility report and recommends action for eliminating agency conflicts.
- Maintains daily admissions and discharge reports.
- Meets with Supervisor regularly to inform about issues as they arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements: This role will require bending, lifting, sitting, stooping, and standing.
Working Conditions: Most of the work of this role will take place in an office setting. It may require occasional evening, weekend, and holiday work. It may also require travel to other office locations