The Quality Assurance (QA) Department at Cerebral Palsy of Westchester focuses on the delivery of quality care and services to 500+ individuals in New York and Connecticut who range from toddlers to Senior Citizens and have quite specialized needs in the areas of healthcare, habilitation, accommodations and community integration.
The QA Department is seeking a moral, dependable, flexible and highly self-motivated individual with strong communication and organizational skills who can assist with daily tasks and projects relative to:
· Oversight of adherence to regulatory mandates – Auditing
· Development of policies and procedures – Satisfaction Surveys
· Incident Management and Investigations – Medicaid Compliance/Fraud Detection
· Safety/Fire Safety/Emergency Management – Privacy Practices (HIPAA/HI-TECH)
· Human Rights, Advocacy and Informed Consent – Staff Development and Training
· Assist with the redaction of legal and confidential documents as requested.
· Assist with the annual Satisfaction Survey process as requested.
· Assist with preparations for Agency-wide orientation and annual trainings.
· Assist with the management of the on-line learning management system as requested.
· Assist with purging and organizing confidential files as requested.
· Assist with updates to Microsoft spreadsheets and data bases as requested.
· Assist with new projects, Committee/Department meeting preparation and follow up.
· Perform other tasks within reason as requested by the Division Director of QA/Compliance/Training.
· Effective Communication Skills (Written and Oral)
· Professional decorum, including but not limited to, the ability to maintain confidentiality
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Responsible, courteous, present and punctual
· Organized and able to function independently, following provided instructions
· Self-starter with follow-up skills
· Reliable, ethical, positive-minded and open to meeting and working with people.
Time Commitment: Minimum of 6 hours a week, maximum 20 hours a week. Hours can be scheduled Monday through Friday between 9:30am – 4:00pm
Benefits: Working in the QA Department, the Intern will have the opportunity to:
· Gain an array of knowledge and experience working in a highly demanding and expansive department.
· Be exposed to the value of identifying and implementing practices that place a priority on improving the quality and equality of services for the diverse population who is receiving individualized care at Cerebral Palsy of Westchester.
· Learn about the importance of the continual development of professional skills for staff.
· Learn about adherence to governing laws through internal policies, procedures and practices.
· Acquire academic credit (unpaid internship).