The Chester Union Free School District has multiple opportunities for Part Time College Computer interns supervised by the Director of Technology and Network Manager. The Technical Services team is part of the Information Technology department, oversees our 1-to-1 Chromebook Plan and manages the District’s network infrastructure, servers, phone system, and computer hardware. The Tech Team works closely with students/parents, faculty and staff at the Chester Elementary and Chester Academy school buildings.
The Chester Technology Department assists with a variety of tasks, including (but not limited to) the following:
• Reconcile inventory and maintain records
• Set up / deprovision and wipe scrap Chromebooks
• Answer Helpdesk Tickets submitted by stakeholders on a variety of technical requests around the district.
• Upgrade software on Windows, OS, and iOS devices
• Inventory, register, and deploy new PCs / Chromebooks, printers, Smartboards, printers/scanners, etc.
• Collect and inventory scrap equipment
Candidates must be current college students who are willing to commit to work for at least one year (or more) at Chester Schools. The candidates must take some type of college courses during the fall and spring terms. This is an hourly, twelve month position. Candidates should have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, excellent attention to detail, should be self-motivated, have strong written/verbal communication skills and have the ability to multi-task and work independently. Candidates who are pursuing an education or career in computer science and/or who have prior experience in technology support will be given preference.