Citrin Cooperman is seeking a Royalty Analyst to join its growing Royalty Audit, catalog valuation and Royalty Administration practice. The Royalty Analyst can be based remotely or sit in any one of our office locations. We seek an energetic and self-motivated individual who likes a team-oriented environment for this challenging career opportunity. Citrin Cooperman is a growing nationally recognized full-service accounting, tax, and consulting firm with over 1,350 partners and staff and 17 offices. The firm was founded in 1979 by Joel Cooperman and Niles Citrin and today is the 25th largest accounting and consulting firm in the United States, and 4th among mid-Atlantic firms. Our daily mission is to help our clients “focus on what counts.” We’re driven to meet this mission by our passion for providing clients with an objective viewpoint and insightful advice on whatever challenges they bring to the table.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Work closely with professional staff on catalog valuations, royalty inspections of music companies (e.g. record labels and music publishers) and other licensees of intellectual property on behalf of the Firm’s clients
· Analyze large datasets using Excel (possibly Access/SQL)
· Create databases and summarize statements
· Review, interpret and apply contract terms.
· Perform detailed analyses, prepare workpaper and claim schedules.
· Assist with identification issues and preparation of reports
· Maintain and organize all documents.
· Assist in fieldwork conducted remotely or on-site (travel may occasionally be required.
· Communication with points of contact at music companies (record labels, publishers, etc.) and other licensees of intellectual property
· Comfortably interact with clients through written and spoken communications.
· Manage ad-hoc requests internal or external, as well as assisting in various types of research
· Bachelor’s degree
- Expert in MS Excel—pivot tables, look-ups, etc. (MS Access and/or SQL database querying skills would be a plus)
- 0 to 2 years of music industry royalty experience
- Basic finance and/or accounting skills is a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Work well with employees, clients and licensees.
· Ability to multi-task
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.