Focus on what counts at Citrin Cooperman! We are a growing, nationally recognized, full-service accounting, tax, and consulting firm, currently seeking tax interns for our upcoming tax busy season in our White Plains, NY office. Our tax interns will be exposed to the tax preparation process. This internship occurs from January 2022 through April 2022 and a minimum of 30 hours per week is required.
A tax intern is provided with tools and training to gain professional skills and experience. The internship is structured as a learning experience that combines in class theory with real world applications.
- Preparing tax returns and tax extensions
- Participating in the 1099 process
- Organizing tax information
- Assisting with tax notices and examinations
- Maintain working knowledge of tax preparation software used in office
- Various administrative tasks, as needed
The ideal candidate must:
- Be a junior or year prior to graduation (dependent on 4 or 5 year program)
- Have completed at least one tax class
- Have the flexibility to work a minimum of 30 hours each week
- Have the flexibility to work weekends as needed
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 or better
- Have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Be detail oriented
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Please visit our website at www.citrincooperman.com to learn more about the company, excellent career advancement opportunities and our culture! When applying to this position, please be sure to include the offices you are applying to in your cover letter and your availability. We also have positions available in New York City, Melville, NY, Livingston, NJ, Philadelphia, PA, Bethesda, MD, Providence, RI, Braintree, MA and Los Angeles, CA.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.