CohnReznick Advisory Group currently has an exciting career opportunity in the Valuation Advisory Services team located in our Chicago, New York City, or DC Metro offices. We are looking for an Associate to start in the summer of 2021.
As a part of this dynamic team, you will have the unique experience to work in a collaborative environment on a wide range of valuation projects including operating businesses, tangible assets (real estate, machinery & equipment), renewable energy systems, and real estate partnerships.
CohnReznick is recognized as a top accounting, tax and business advisory firm with a team of over 3,000 employees in 25 cities. As a member of our team, we will provide the necessary tools to take your career to the next level. Your success is our success.
You will be responsible for:
- Work on valuation engagements, including valuations for financial reporting, tax, and transactions;
- Explore and learn about the valuation issues in different industries for closely held businesses and public companies, commercial real estate, machinery & equipment, renewable energy systems, and partnership interests in real estate;
- Perform market, industry, and economic research and analyses;
- Assist in the preparation of valuation reports, schedules, and discounted cash flow models;
- Review and summarize financial, corporate, and legal agreements;
- Conduct financial statement analysis (e.g., common size analysis, ratio analysis, trend analysis, and industry comparative analysis);
- Review commercial real estate property information and collection of data using public records and other real estate databases;
- Maintain active communication with supervisors throughout engagements.
You will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Math, Engineering, Economics or Accounting with a strong interest in pursuing an ASA, CFA, MAI or ABV certification;
- Ability to work on multiple engagements simultaneously with competing priorities in a rapidly; growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based environment;
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills;
- General understanding of corporate finance and accounting concepts, including GAAP financial statements;
- Experience working with data sources and tools such as Capital IQ and/or the Bloomberg Professional Database, ARGUS ENTERPRISE, CoStar, or MLS;
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
Coursework, case studies, and internships related to valuation are a plus.
[Firm news/team insights]
Connect with us
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.