What will your next career challenge offer? At CohnReznick, our people are talented, intellectually curious and driven to make a difference for our clients, community, and our firm. We are an organization bound together by a passion for excellence, respect for others, flexibility, integrity, and a strong desire to develop ourselves and others. We approach our client’s challenges in a way that looks to position client success through information and data.
As one of the top professional services firms in the country, we understand our people are our most valuable assets. Clients turn to CohnReznick because of the people we hire, and as a CohnReznick employee, you will be equipped with top training and development opportunities and presented with new challenges to help you stretch and grow as a professional. Through formalized learning and on-the-job coaching and mentorship, CohnReznick is committed to your development. Let’s build something great together.
As a Summer Intern within our Risk Advisory Team, you will get hands-on experience working on current engagements in a client-facing role. We will look for our intern to actively participate in creating outputs, and confidently engage with our team to communicate new ideas on how to improve the way we work. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic to learn, has strong communication skills, is analytical, and is a self-starter. We are looking for team members who have a professional attitude, a high-degree of flexibility, a client-service orientation, and a genuine desire to see others succeed.
Role and Responsibilities
- Understand clients’ business processes and internal controls sufficiently to then test the related internal control design and operating effectiveness as part of SOX compliance and/or internal audit engagements
- Critically think about test work being performed to ensure the objectives are being met (rather than just following task instructions)
- Prepare workpapers, report drafts, and other client-facing written communications
- Prepare for and participate in client meetings such as walkthroughs, interviews, status meetings
- Work with engagement team progress SOX compliance and/or internal audit engagements towards timely completion
- Learn how to use Workiva to help make SOX and internal audit projects be executed more effectively
- Assist with other projects or initiatives as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- Expected graduation in December 2022 or June 2023
- GPA > 3.0 required; GPA > 3.5 preferred
- Previous business or consulting internship experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of Internal Controls to include control testing (IA or SOX)
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to analyze a problem from different angles/approaches
- Participation in extracurricular activities (student organizations, volunteer organizations, project teams, sports teams, etc.); leadership positions preferable
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and experience working in teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ambitious learner with a passion for expanding their knowledge
Connect with us:
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.