Company: Consolidated Edison
Consolidated Edison operates one of the world’s largest energy delivery systems. Founded in 1823 as the New York Gas Light company, our electric, gas, and steam service now provides energy for the 10 million people who live in New York City and Westchester County.
We’re constantly looking toward the future and exploring ways to innovate and take advantage of developing technology.
Virtual Assignment opportunity with the occasional requirement to go into various work out locations and the field – with proper training. (* Currently only virtual/remote)
Position Description: Coop will assist and have the opportunity to manage initiatives related to process reviews to support improvements with the safety and efficiency of Electric Construction Field activities that are supplying/maintaining electric service. Work experiences will help the coop connect textbook knowledge with real-world settings and gain an understanding of the way we work at Con Edison.
• Work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
• Review Specifications and other documents to ensure compliance
• Review process flows, identify gaps and make recommendations for improvement
• Review produce, fix and upgrade spreadsheets to support oversight of construction activities
• Support efficient utilization of crew resources
• Good communication skills/organization
• Technology savvy
• Working in teams
• Decision-Making Ability
• Customer focus
Education and Experience:
• 3.0 GPA or greater
• Currently pursuing a degree in Business, Information Technology or Engineering
• Must be at least an upper sophomore.
Traits: Flexibility, Initiative, Responsibility, Integrity and Energy