Position Summary :
Start date: Jan/Feb 2021 and June 2021
CVS Health is the nation’s premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care.
What it is:
The Actuarial Leadership Development Program (ALDP) is a full-time, 4 ½ year (minimum) program aimed at combining challenging work environments geared toward developing the future financial leaders of Aetna, along-side the support actuarial students need to pass exams and become credentialed actuaries.
What are the goals:
The program doesn’t just help you develop actuarial skills; it accelerates your overall development. You’ll get well-rounded experience and the ability to contribute to the dynamic world of healthcare.
What you will do:
Each of the four rotations will immerse you in a key business area and help you gain exposure to the following:
•Risk Assessment: Understand the nature of specific risks and share results of analysis with management.
•Rate Filing: Compile and analyze filing data then prepare and submit necessary exhibits for regulatory filings.
•Reserve Analysis: Analyze claim data and monitor reserve levels for appropriateness and demonstrate an understanding of actuarial reserving techniques and issues.
•Planning & Forecasting: Provide technical support and analysis for planning, forecasting and reporting process.
•Pricing, Trend & Benefit Design: Develop and recommend pricing and trend for product and/or services.
•Technical Proficiency: Develop creative technical solutions to a variety of problems. Demonstrate proficiency with spreadsheets and familiarity with database and web-based applications. Develop and implement appropriate tools and models. Develop and finalize business requirements and/or specifications for processes, tools, and systems.
What this business area supports:
• Assignments are available across a variety of business units including Commercial Business, Government Businesses & Medical Economics.
• Limited non-traditional Actuarial assignments exist as available.
What you will do:
• Financial planning, forecasting and reserving
• Monitoring and forecasting medical cost trends
• Regulatory filings
• New product development and pricing
Required Qualifications :
• Have at least passed one actuarial exam
• Demonstrated ability to pass actuarial exams
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership, experience and initiative
• Have a willingness to relocate to one of our Actuarial offices located in Hartford, CT, Blue Bell, PA, Falls Church, VA, Atlanta, GA, Overland Park, KS, Chicago, IL or Concord, CA.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
• Possess strong analytical and problem resolution skills
• Be able to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
• Encourage teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
• Be resourceful and can quickly and successfully adapt to change
• Have passed at least one actuarial exam
• Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree
• Majoring in the following related degrees; Actuarial Science, Analytics, Data Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Risk Management, statistics, or other related degree
• Have a 3.0+ cumulative GPA
• Have an anticipated college graduation date between May 2019 and August 2021