Position Summary :
Start date: June 7th, 2021
End Date: August 13th, 2021
Location: To ensure the health and safety of our colleagues, this position will be work-at-home.
CVS Health is the nation’s premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care. Our Corporate Internship Program is a nationally recognized experience; it is also a great way to gain confidence, sharpen your skills, and make a difference.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
•Projects that contribute to the success of our business
•Community service initiatives
•Mentorship and networking opportunities
•Interaction with senior leaders
And our corporate interns have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
CVS Caremark offers a comprehensive internship program designed to engage students, impart valuable skills, and offer insight into a potential career path with a Fortune 13 company. Highlights include a structured program plan, hands on project work, access to mentorship and networking opportunities, and learning and development sessions. During the 10 week engagement interns will be in a supportive learning environment contributing both independently and on a team against key department initiatives. Competitive compensation is offered including a stipend for eligible candidates.
What this business area supports:
Our team supports the Medicare Data Intelligence team by understanding where their data is coming from and how this data will be used to support the Medicare organization. We are focused on creating a framework for managing large scale data pipelines and structures in an effort to organize, collect, and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs focusing on complex business problems. We use advanced technology and tools, data modeling techniques, and ETL processes to enable data acquisition by leveraging big data within a cutting-edge environment. We’re focused on creating new opportunities that drive change in areas such as Medicare stars, service operations, Patient Safety, population health management and member experience.
What you will do:
• Participate in the design, build and management of large-scale data structures and pipelines and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL) workflows.
• Analyze business processes and database table structures to generate business requirements and technical specifications structures, web applications and process flows.
• Present and provide recommendations to internal teams and stakeholders.
Required Qualifications :
You should have:
• A strong ability to communicate technical concepts and insights to business partners.
• Ability to leverage multiple tools to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
• Excellent problem-solving skills as well as critical thinking and conceptual thinking abilities.
• Experience in Python and SQL.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Have a strong understanding of Data Collection and Analysis techniques and tools
• A passion to help transform health care
• Strong interest in Health Care
• Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
• Possess strong analytical and problem resolution skills
• Be able to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
• Encourage teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
• Be resourceful and can quickly and successfully adapt to change
• Have an interest in obtaining full-time position within CVS Health
• Currently be pursuing an Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems or related major
• Have an anticipated graduation date between September 2021 and August 2022
• Have a 3.0 + cumulative GPA
Business Overview :
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.