Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
The Field Human Resources Department (Field HR) is responsible for recruitment, selection, placement, and retainment of qualified and well-suited field staff to meet the growing needs of MSF field operations.
The People Management Unit (PMU) oversees the development and implementation of several learning programs which develop the management skills of MSF’s managers and supervisors in the field and HQ.
The Graphic Design Intern will support all the PMU’s learning programs, including the Mentoring and Coaching programs, as well as the Ways of Working (WoW) training courses. S/he will develop visually polished and accessible communication and learning materials (online and print) to support the PMU’s activities.
Duties include some or all of the following based on current needs:
• Create and design print, digital, and various media and physical materials in support of PMU training programs
• Use Microsoft based applications and a variety of graphic design and virtual collaboration software tools to develop and reproduce a broad range of learning materials
• Adhere to MSF and PMU style guidelines
• Collaborate with PMU team members to imagine, create, and develop design concepts for new learning activities and new communication materials
• Collaborate with PMU team members to revise and update existing documents
• Participate in final editing and polishing of PMU materials
• Receive feedback from PMU team members and make necessary changes to learning materials
• Assemble finalized design concepts and learning materials for production
• Assist with content and design updates on MSF’s internal learning portal.
• Collaborate with external production partners, as needed
• Assist with filing and other administrative support tasks
• Graphic Design major preferred
• Knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
• Experience with InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and/or Illustrator
• Experience editing and proofing documents
• Detail oriented, innovative and ability to work independently.
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and work commitments
• Genuine commitment to the principles and work of MSF
• French is an asset
Please provide samples of personal/scholastic graphic design work
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
No phone calls and emails please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: August 15, 2021, 11:59 pm EST.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
Pay Class & Contract Type
$15 per hour
Working Time (Hours Per Week)