EF Academy teachers are exceptional educators who create a stimulating and enriching high school experience for our diverse international student population representing students from over 50 countries. EF Academy teachers embrace EF’s vision for preparing students for a future without borders and possess a proven record of highly effective teaching. They are flexible, creative, knowledgeable, global-minded and strive to be unforgettable. Teachers support the personal, social and academic development of students and contribute to extra-curricular clubs, service learning and sports programs.
EF Academy is looking to hire educators for our Bridge Program, which runs March through August. The position is a 5-month, salaried role, with opportunity for housing during employment.
Professional Qualifications and Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree (complete or in-progress) in teaching or relevant field.
- Experience working with adolescent aged children.
- In-depth knowledge of teaching methods and legal educational procedures.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-organized with ability to collaborate with colleagues on a daily basis.
- Mature and responsible adult with passion for having fun and leading activities.
- Teach 1-2 academic subjects per week over the course of 4 classroom learning days.
- Chaperone educational experiences off campus on Fridays and some Saturdays as needed.
- Design and incorporate student-centered experiential learning experiences that link to classroom learning.
- Plan creative and educational projects and experiences based on future field trips.
- Act as a mentor to a group of students meeting regularly as scheduled during the academic day.
- Provide coverage for any classes requiring a teacher, as necessary.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Plan and teach curricula in preparation for Grade 9 and 10 courses.
- Be enthusiastic and resourceful in creating meaningful learning experiences for students.
- Differentiate instruction and assessments for individual student needs.
- Create instructional materials and classroom resources that support English Language Learners and their learning needs.
- Use a wide range of technologies and creativity when designing units, instructional materials and classroom resources.
- Design a wide range of formative assessments/ assessments for learning in planning.
- Utilize student assessment results to guide future planning (data-driven approach), teaching and learning.
- Administer benchmark English language assessment and provide end of term progress report.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://www.ef.com.