We are looking to hire individuals that can work as Clinical Information Managers (CIMs) / Medical Scribes in our Emergency Departments. We currently have full-time, part-time and per diem positions available for students and alumni throughout New York (locations in Kingston, Poughkeepsie, Albany, Ellenville, Hudson, Schenectady, Troy, Clifton Park, Syracuse, and more). As an aspiring healthcare professional, our CIM position offers you a unique opportunity to gain exposure to the clinical field. We are hiring for positions that are available to start now as well as summer 2021! If interested in learning more about this exciting CIM position with Envision Physician Services, please visit our website and apply at https://www.envisionphysicianservices.com/scribes.
Work as a Scribe for Envision Physician Services, an innovator in the field having implemented the use of scribes over 20 years ago. Work in a fast-paced Emergency Department (ED) and become a valuable member of the healthcare team. Witness the medical decision-making process of clinicians – Physicians, Physician Assistants, and/or Nurse Practitioners. Document patient notes in an Electronic Medical Record under the direction of a clinician, gaining advanced knowledge of
medical terminology and ED operations.
Required Education & Work/Volunteer Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Biology coursework at the undergraduate level or above required; Anatomy and Physiology and Medical Terminology coursework preferred
• Relevant work experience (1 or more years) in the healthcare field may be considered in lieu of the education and coursework requirement
• At least 100 hours of work, volunteer or shadowing experience in the healthcare field required; Experience in a direct patient care environment preferred, i.e. Emergency Medical Technician, physician shadowing, clinical technician in a hospital, or a medical assistant in a doctor’s office, etc.
• Strong communication skills: grammatical, spelling, and verbal
• Excellent listening and note-taking skills
• Computer proficiency and the demonstrated ability to type 55 words per minute or above (adjusted for errors)
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work day, evening, overnight hours and weekend and holiday shifts
• Ability to remain calm in a fast paced, at times stressful environment
• Detail oriented with proven ability to work effectively under conditions requiring accuracy
• Basic understanding of medical terminology and general medical knowledge
Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
All hospital sites are 24 hour operations. As a CIM® you will work on a rotational shift basis, this will likely include overnights hours, weekends and holiday shifts.
We offer a collaborative team based culture with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including an outstanding 401(k) match, profit sharing plan, medical, and vision, dental, life insurance, and tuition reimbursement program.
All CIMs are enrolled in a comprehensive training program, providing the knowledge and skills to succeed in their role.
- To apply, please visit: www.careers-evhc.icims.com