Direct Support Professional performs a wide variety of routine tasks and activities in support of the full range of services provided to developmentally disabled individuals by the Agency. The tasks and activities performed depend upon the specific abilities of the individuals being served and the nature of the setting where the work is performed. These tasks involve encouraging, guiding and training individuals in developing daily living skills and habits, taking care of their personal needs, assuring community integration, ensuring the health and safety of individuals, and maintaining the service environment.
Direct Support Professional,under general supervision of clinical or higher level staff, provides direct care to developmentally disabled individuals in a residential and/or program setting; assists and motivates individuals in their care to attend to their personal daily living needs and to further develop the vocational, nutritional, social, and personal skills necessary to maintain or achieve the highest possible level of independent functioning in the least restrictive environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Direct Support Professional duties and responsibilities may include any and/or all of the following:
- · Participate in planning of services for each individual and to attend meetings and conferences related to same.
- · Provide services and training to individuals in areas including, but not limited to, counseling, health, personal hygiene, budgeting, food preparation, activities of daily living, and recreation.
- · Provide observations, evaluations, and reports to other team members to ensure and/or record an individual’s progress toward treatment/habilitation goals.
- · Prepare, maintain and submit all required reports to supervisors.
- · Ensure documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- · Provide services to individuals in accordance with individualized plans and interdisciplinary team determinations.
- · Comply with all policies of the Agency and all applicable state and federal regulations.
- · Document and report all incidents and abuses to supervisors in accordance with policies and procedures and regulations.
- · With appropriate training and supervision, administer medication to consumers in the absence of the nurse.
- · Transport/arrange for transport of individuals to community events, daily chores, medical appointments, etc.
- · Any other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
The duties listed above are intended only as an illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The employee may be assigned additional and/or different duties/responsibilities in accordance with the needs of the Agency.
MUST GET TESTED FOR COVID-19 AND GET FLU SHOT PRIOR TO START DATE
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
We provide PPE