EPRINE Home Care is seeking for individuals who have a passion for serving and supporting individuals with mental illness, addictive disorders, or co-occurring disorders. We are seeking certified home health aides (HHA) who can provide the comfort and caregiving our clients need so that they can stay healthy and safe at home. Your smile and a friendly face can bring peace of mind. We are always determined to set new quality standards for our patients.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Helping patient with daily functions, such as dressing or taking a bath
- Housekeeping, such as vacuuming or doing laundry
- Grocery shopping and cooking meals
- Taking patients’ vital signs or giving them medicine under a nurse’s direction
- Scheduling doctor’s appointments or other meetings and organizing transportation
- Recording and reporting to nurses about the patient’s health status
- Teaching patient self-care skills
- Serving as a companion to clients
- Managing medication
Skills and qualifications:
- Current and valid Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Home Health Aide (HHA) certified by the New York State Department of Health (DOH) or State Education Department (SED)
- Must pass the Criminal History Record Check
- Must be able to complete a competency evaluation.
- 2 years of recent caregiving or home health aide experience
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Strong patient service skills and soft skills to deal with patient’s needs
- Attention to detail, verbal and written communication, problem solving skills and ability to carefully follow protocols and rules regarding the patient’s care plan
- Ability to address minor medical issues
- Availability to work evenings, holidays and weekends
- Empathy and the ability to care for the client’s social, emotional, physical and mental health
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible and organized
- Ability to remain calm and handle any emergencies that may arise
- Exceptionally patient, good at listening and responding to others’ needs
- Proficient in some domestic chores such as preparing meals and cleaning.
- Familiar with basic medical terminology, health practices and universal precautions.
- Trained in specialized areas of care, for example, Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI), dementia or Alzheimer’s diseases
SIGN ON BONUS! That could be as high as $300!
$19.09 an hour (total compensation including $15.00 hr an hour and benefits )