Looking to make a difference in a child’s life? Interested in helping children reach their goals? Join our mission-driven team at ESF Camps & Experiences for a fun and rewarding summer as a Parkour Instructor. ESF is hiring motivated leaders with prior experience supervising children who believe in ESF’s mission, build positive relationships and ensure the well-being of others. Make a positive impact on children while receiving comprehensive training, professional development, resume building, and networking opportunities. ESF offers:
- internships and fieldwork opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students
- teaching positions with continuing education and leadership opportunities for educators
- great summer schedule
- competitive compensation
- employee referral bonus program
- year-round aftercare opportunities
A Parkour Instructor is responsible for the supervision of campers, instruction, providing a safe and fun learning environment, and serving as a positive role model for campers. At ESF, our Instructors are referred to as Activity Specialists. Activity Specialists hours are from 8:15am-3:45pm; Monday Friday. Start and end times may vary depending on the location and camp. Depending on the location, Activity Specialists in this role work one or more weeks as scheduled, up to ten (10) consecutive weeks from mid-June through mid-August. We are seeking motivated team members who believe deeply in the organization’s mission and who display a record of achievement in effective supervision & management of youth, teaching Parkour skills and techniques, building positive relationships, and ensuring the safety and well-being of campers and staff.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Enforce all rules and regulations
- Educating campers on running, jumping and climbing safely through a carefully designed Parkour route with obstacles.
- Providing safe Parkour training that revolves around progression, repetition, problem-solving, respect (for yourself and others), friendship, and being part of a community.
- Supervision of the Parkour area, including equipment (proper set-up, supervision and maintenance)
- Parkour instruction to campers between the ages of 6 and 15 with various ability levels
- Group supervision of campers with attention to behavior and group management, health, safety, security, and personal and skill development
- Help develop and implement curriculum, including proper materials for course set-up; bring lesson plans to life for campers through participation, support and guidance
- Use effective classroom management skills to lead the activity and effectively create an inclusive and fun environment
- Motivate campers by creating fun for them in your activity (i.e. songs, games, cheers, etc.)
- Encourage creativity and critical thinking
- Work effectively with fellow Activity Specialists and Counselors; collaborate on daily responsibilities
- Complete assigned paperwork
- Serve as a positive role model to campers
- Inform site director of any concerns regarding the health and safety of the campers.
- In order to provide the appropriate ratio, the site director must approve any non-contracted requests for time off, schedule changes, or alterations to the schedule.
- Outstanding communication skills which include the ability to use clear, concise and grammatically correct written and oral language in all aspects of professional interaction with campers, their families, peers, leadership team and the larger community
- Push/pull, lift and carry a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds across campus
- Able to work outside, upright and mobile for six (6) to eight (8) hours per day
- Respond to emergency situations which may include running (up to 1 mile in some cases) and ascending stairs without undue exertion
- Possess physical capacity to fulfill all essential job functions
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Degree in Physical Education or Kinesiology (or comparable field) is preferred.
- Parkour teaching experience (2 3 years minimum required)
- Knowledge and experience with Parkour equipment and training course set-up
- Prior classroom teaching/fieldwork experience or two (2) years of ESF experience is required.
- Gymnastics and/or martial arts training (or comparable discipline) preferred
- Previous experience working with children in a camp setting is also preferred.
- It is understood you will complete all trainings and pre-employment credentials required by ESF and the state you are working in.
Covid 19 Health & Safety Protocols
ESF has developed and will be implementing an Advanced Safety Plan to ensure our campers, team members, and parents thrive in a safe environment. This plan includes detailed safety measures in the following areas. Team members will be trained on all protocols and full compliance is expected.
- Limited enrollment and smaller group sizes
- Camper & staff screening with use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Cleaning, disinfection & handwashing
- Premier outdoor facilities
- Reasonable contact reduction, including social distancing practices
- Symptom Management Action Plan
- Specialized Safety Training
Other Requirements/Competencies for Success:
- Understand and support the mission of the organization
- Commit to the growth and development of youth
- Always have a positive, can-do attitude
- Demonstrate excellent judgment; identify problems and work quickly to find solutions
- Desire to make a difference in the life of a child
- Attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrate the ESF Virtues of Character (Gratitude, Respect, Trustworthiness, Effort, Kindness, Positivity, Resilience, Community) in camp on a daily basis
- Follow the ESF Code and maintain the ESF Look at all times
- Exhibit ESF Core Values at all times and to adhere to all company policies
- Reports directly to and takes direction from the Director. May also take direction from and is overall accountable to the Site Director.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.