Excellence Community Schools is a charter management, non-profit organization. The mission of the Excellence Community Schools is to prepare young people to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional and ethical development through the Bronx Charter School for Excellence (Bronx Excellence) and the Stamford Charter School for Excellence (Stamford Excellence). Our network of schools accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum – which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. We achieve this in a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of our students.
The mission of the Schools and Innovation department is to provide an array of college and career readiness services on the Excellence Community Schools Pre-K through 16 educational spectrum. These services focus on the development of the whole child, empowering the family and transforming communities.
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success.
• Plan and implement lesson plans for teaching concepts, skills, and theory in art.
• Create and deliver thoughtful, meaningful, and integrated lessons aligned to state standards.
• Motivate scholars during activities to help them develop skills and appreciation.
• Collaborate with assigned grade-level team to plan and execute reading instruction for one period each day.
• Modify existing instructional plans as necessary to accommodate individual student’s special needs.
• Administer assessments, collect, and analyze data gathered on each student.
• Build relationships with students’ families through regular communication about students’ progress and provides ways in which families can support their children’s progress and motivation.
• Participate in school-wide student assessments in order to diagnose students’ needs.
• Provides coverage for classroom teachers, lunch/recess, and/or dismissal as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• NYS Teacher Certification in Art or reciprocity from another state in the equivalent area required.
• At least 2 years of teaching experience at the elementary school level required.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, vision benefits, & 403b Retirement Plan available.
- Performance-based compensation for staff.