Excellence Community Schools is a charter management, non-profit organization. The mission of the Excellence Community Schools is to prepare young people to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional and ethical development through the Bronx Charter School for Excellence (Bronx Excellence) and the Stamford Charter School for Excellence (Stamford Excellence). Our network of schools accomplishes this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum – which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. We achieve this in a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of our students.
Excellence Community Schools is seeking a passionate, patient, quick thinking, & innovative Music Teacher. This position currently includes responsibility for classroom music for grades 1-6. Experience in a classroom music setting engaging all children is desired.
• Provides instruction in music in a variety of settings & uses effective instructional techniques tailored to individual student’s goals and objective & provides instruction and support in the area of music education.
• Effectively organizes instructional material to maximize learning.
• Utilizes appropriate assessment tools to (a) develop and implement goals and objectives for each child and (b) measure and communicate present level of performance.
• Adheres to the school philosophy regarding behavior management and implements all relevant techniques appropriately.
• Participates in all activities and meetings relevant to the position or required by supervisor (e.g., Initial and Annual Reviews; Parent/Teacher Conferences, Open School Night, Parent Center meetings; Team, Department and Classroom Meetings, etc.).
• Complies with regulatory requirements and school policy and procedures in all areas & completes and submits within designated timeframes all necessary documentation for regulatory and funding agencies.
• Maintains appropriate and effective interpersonal relationships with team and department members, parents, other staff, supervisors, administrators, and outside agencies.
• Demonstrates open communication, flexibility, and the ability to learn and utilize team building strategies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• New York State Teaching Certification in Education 1-6 is required.
• Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience in music education working with children and providing music instruction in an urban school setting required.
• Passionate about teaching music and enforcing the learning of music concepts required.
• Have educational and/or professional training in developing and implementing a music education program for children required.
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Health, dental, vision benefits, & 403b Retirement Plan available.
Performance-based compensation for staff.