Who We Are:
Excellence Community Schools (ECS) is an emerging Charter Management Organization (CMO) supporting schools in the Bronx, NY and Stamford, CT. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School.
Our Mission and Vision:
Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of all students. We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking skills in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers.
Who We Need:
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success.
- Identifies and assesses sources of academic concerns, including factors in the school, home, and community which interfere with school success
- Functions as a liaison between the family and the school regarding the child’s educational needs and social-emotional progress
- Determines and implements appropriate intervention strategies including a range of therapeutic services with students and families
- Collaborates with school staff and other educational personnel in efforts to alleviate identified factors impacting student performance
- Serves on school-based and system-wide committees in an effort to address students’ emotional, social, and behavioral needs, with an emphasis on the provision of evidenced-based services
- Conducts home visits as needed to establish home-school communication and collaboration related to the identified areas of concern for the student
- Serves as a liaison with community organizations and agencies to foster communication between parents/guardians and schools to mobilize resources to support educational performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current NYS Certification/Licensure (LMSW) or reciprocity from another state in the equivalent area required.
- At least 1 year of experience in elementary school program required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required.
- Demonstrated strong behavioral and therapeutic skills required.
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, vision, & 403b Retirement Plan benefits available.
- Performance-based compensation for staff.