We are in search of a Junior Data Scientist to join our new Strategy & Growth team. This role will be responsible for driving profitability and efficiencies across the company, directly influencing business strategy, capital allocation, pricing, and operational initiatives for millions of customers and billions of dollars in revenue. You will work with all parts of the organization to identify opportunities, develop tools and processes, and implement solutions to improve profitability, efficiency, and customer experience.
Your work will be analytical, but your intelligence, drive, and interpersonal skills will be just as important to your success. The opportunities you identify, initiatives you lead, and decisions you make will have direct, tangible impact on our customers, employees, and company performance.
- Provide analytical support and recommendations regarding optimization of operational processes, capital allocation, and pricing.
- Provide insights on future growth and profitability strategy through historical business analysis and forecasting of industry and customer trends (e.g. what markets to prioritize, opportunities to pursue, how to win, impact of 5G, etc.).
- Work with front-line employees to identify and cure pain-points.
- Implement automated processes to gather and look at large data sets efficiently.
- Provide predictive modeling and data visualization to forecast proposed business initiatives across the entire organization.
- Build and optimize databases utilizing the industry’s most cutting edge tools and technologies.
- Present insights and recommendations to company executives and the board of directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering or other field related to complex data analytics. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Demonstrated drive and desire to improve business performance.
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytical thinking and data-based decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Work or internship experience in strategy, growth, engineering or analytics; high-rigor business analytics background preferred.
- Strong financial and business acumen with ability to identify and evaluate opportunities preferred.
- Familiarity with data tools such as Microsoft Excel, SQL, Alteryx, and PowerBI.
- Scripting and/or coding experience in Python, R or similar language is a plus.
- Proficiency with large datasets and Spatial Analytics/Visualization tools preferred.
- Telecom industry expertise is not necessary – the team will be dedicated to teaching and mentoring the candidate towards becoming an expert in their own right.