Accounts Payable Clerk
One Pierrepont Plaza, Suite 901, Brooklyn, NY 11201, Brooklyn, NY, US
Program Specific Responsibilities:
- Responsible for inputting invoices in MIP as directed and verify that all signatures are complete and amounts accurately calculated.
- Responsible for filing and retrieving vouchers, check requests, journal entries, payroll entries, cash receipts and any of the vendor’s records.
- Process checks twice per week & compile for signature and mail out. In addition, process check payments if emergency occur.
- Responsible for retrieving all Accounts Payable and PR records requested by the auditors and provide assistance in sorting, stuffing and mailing out Account Payable, Foster care and Staff payroll checks.
- Assist in internal audits.
- Responsible for coordinating and moving the previous year records into storage.
- Sort & distribute the department mail.
- Order office supplies.
- Shredding documents periodically.
- Special Projects as assigned by Supervisor or other senior administrators.
Agency Wide Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports the mission of Graham-Windham and willingly complies with the agencies policies and procedures.
- Must advance the agency’s pillars.
- Has a responsibility to work collaboratively and responsively with the agency’s programs, administrative and executive bodies, and promote positive, ethical organizational culture and exhibit effective resistance to negative norms. Must maintain a positive and engaged professional demeanor.
- Minimum 2 years related experience and high school diploma, or a satisfactory equivalent of education and/or experience.
- Need to have computer knowledge (Microsoft Excel & Word), good written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferable to be familiar with computerized accounting systems such as Micro Information Products.
Competencies & Traits:
- Ability to perform quantitative/mathematical analysis.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Punctual & Reliable
- Extremely detail-oriented with a sense of urgency
- Must maintain a positive and engaged professional demeanor
- The ability to establish strong working relationships and work well with individuals across the agency.
Commensurate with experience
Based in our Brooklyn Heights Office (One Pierrepont Plaza – Brooklyn, NY 11210)
Graham is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are invited to apply. Graham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental & vision coverage, PTO and holiday pay, retirement plans (defined contribution pension and 403 (b) thrift), and more.