Bronx, NY, US
In response to the current state of affairs (related to COVID-19) and in exercising safe and professional social practices, Graham has transitioned our interviewing and onboarding processes to a virtual platform. Additionally, with the exception of mission essential roles that require limited travel, we have also expanded our existing “flexible workspace” arrangements options to provide opportunities to work fully remotely as we continue to navigate these unprecedented times.
About the Position
The Case Planner in our Preventive programs provides assessment, engagement, case management and other support services which help ensure that children have strong families to grow up in and have the preparation and opportunity to succeed in school and life. Learn more about what it is like to be a Case Planner at Graham Windham by watching our Realistic Job Previews at http://www.graham-windham.org/careers/employee-videos/.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates, in partnership with families, service plans which address safety, behavioral, educational, and psychological and permanency needs.
- Monitors safety, well-being and progress against other critical outcomes by facilitating regular casework contacts in the home and by documenting the same in progress notes and other case documentation.
- Collaborates with internal and external service providers and other stakeholders through clear and timely verbal and written communication.
- Participates actively in Family Court Hearings, Family Team Conferences and other meetings to advance permanency for children and families.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Requires BSW or BA degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or related field, Bilingual in Spanish preferred; Must be able to travel within NYC Metropolitan area; Ability to drive Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management and organizational skills; Computer literate, MS Office; NYS Connections; Ability to work with diverse populations.
Full-time position; salary low $40’s, in accordance with qualifications. Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.