Hudson River Museum is looking for a Marketing and Communications Intern for Summer 2022. This position reports to the Design and Content Manager and the Marketing and Communications Manager, working on publicizing the Museum’s exhibition, programs, and initiatives through social media, digital marketing, and the website.
This is a 4-day a week, approximately 28 hours per week, remote or hybrid internship with a modest stipend. Please note, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required for those working onsite.
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “HRM Marketing and Communications Intern” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
● Assist with developing compelling, clever, and relevant content for the Museum’s social media channels, with a focus on Instagram posts and Reels and Facebook Stories.
● Help compile and interpret social media analytics and data to inform social media strategy.
● Research other museum and cultural organizations’ social media outputs for potential campaigns and collaboration, utilizing social listening techniques to plan content.
● Assist with the collecting, resizing, and organization of marketing images; preparing photographs for social media.
● Prepare marketing photographs and contribute to a draft organizational keyword taxonomy for the future implementation of a DAM system.
● Help to update content on the Museum’s website, including adding archival content.
● Opportunities for event/program photography are also possible, depending on the candidate’s skills and interests.
● Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate has strong writing and photography skills, knowledge of social media, genuine interest in connecting the Museum to new audiences, and proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, and Premiere or similar media tools.