As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud company changing the way the world works. We foster a culture of creative, innovative thinkers; people who are curious about how technology can transform businesses and impact the world. Our consultants are part of IBM Services where we engage with clients across every industry to deliver technology-driven solutions. We cultivate a diverse, inclusive, global team of people who want to pioneer, reimagine and disrupt the future. We’re driven to stay ahead in the marketplace and enhance our relevance to be essential to our clients, and this begins with our talent.
You analyze and organize the data needed and work closely with data scientists to query data in order to uncover the stories hidden in data and find patterns in the numbers. As an Associate Data Engineer, you’ll help gather and collect data, store data, and perform batch processing and real-time processing.
You’ll work closely with other teams to determine what data management systems are appropriate and which data are needed for analysis. As an Associate Data Engineer, you’ll be able to wrestle with and help solve problems associated with database integration and messy, unstructured data sets.
As an Associate, you’ll be a part of client-facing teams as a consultant, developer, designer, data scientist, technical specialist to help businesses change the way they work. Our clients’ technical and business needs are constantly evolving. We’re hiring inspired, talented individuals eager to apply their knowledge and perspective to challenging work that evolves industries and our world. We prioritize ongoing learning, development of consulting and/or technical skills, and continuous personal growth, all grounded in a culture of coaching and apprenticeship.
Work you could do as an Associate Data Scientist:
- Implement and validate predictive models as well as create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data.
- Communicate with internal and external clients to understand and define business needs, providing analytical solutions.
- Use leading edge tools such as Linux, SQL, Python, Spark, Hadoop, Java, and Cloud Vendors such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, consultants and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors.
- Build teams or writing programs to cleanse and integrate data in an efficient and reusable manner, developing predictive or prescriptive models, and evaluating modeling results
- Communicate results to technical and non-technical audiences
About the Client Innovation Center (CIC):
- The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Monroe center
- Some travel is expected, and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site. You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time.
- You must live in, or be willing to relocate to Monroe, Louisiana once our offices reopen permanently (currently, many IBM offices are working remotely due to Covid)
- Our motto: Right Time, Right Place, Change the World.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Great at solving problems by looking at thing differently, debugging, troubleshooting, and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- Thrive on teamwork and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong fundamentals in Mathematics and Computer Science (algorithms)
- Strong technical and analytical abilities, a knack for driving impact and growth, and some experience with programming/scripting in a language such as Java or Python.
- Basic understanding of Cloud (AWS,Azure, etc)
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology-based consulting environment
- Must be able to start work full time between January – June 2022
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Data Science, Math, Statistics, or related areas preferred
- Tableau knowledge preferred
- PowerBI experience preferred
- Data warehousing and ETL experience a plus
- Hadoop (Hbase, Hive, Mapreduce) preferred
- Knowledge of SQL preferred
- Cloud platform exposure (especially AWS or Azure) preferred